Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Proud to be an American

I have a new Most Prized Possession. So long Reggie Jackson rookie card. Sayonara grandpa’s gold pocket watch. Adios Ace of Base poster.


Dead to me.

Remember that post I wrote a while back about a little music video I ordered called America We Stand As One? Well guess what came in the mail today, about twice as fast as I thought it would?

That’s right. I haven’t been this excited since Christmas Day 1980.

Are you as tingly with anticipation as I was?

I was floored by the packaging. I thought I would get an impersonal-computer-generated-assembly-line mailer, but no. This was handwritten. Handwritten with loving care.


Could this be the handwriting of Danger himself?

A wonderful heart-balloon-shaped thing sprouting out of the “L” in “Love” was drawn on the margins of the package. Another, smaller, heart-shaped-spermy balloon floated below, and above was two 4-fingered paw print-type things. Doth my eyes deceive me, or is Madalone an ar-teest as well as a stuntman, rocker, and humanitarian?


Wherever Madalone’s name is, there is an American flag nearby.

After I documented the packaging with my digital camera, all the while giggling to myself like a schoolgirl with a secret, I grabbed the scissors and carefully opened the package.

This is when the true joy began. I expected to just dump out a DVD. But no, I also received the CD single. I had requested both with the donation I sent, but I didn’t think I would get BOTH! Dennis is so generous!

But what’s this? Wasn’t that enough? NO! Dennis actually personalized the cover of the DVD!

OH HAPPY DAY!

It reads, “AARON, YOUR HEART (heart drawing) IS (the “I” dotted with another paw print thingy) FULL OF GOODNESS (underlined twice). For All of OUR LOVED ONE’S (underlined twice). always Believe (“i” dotted with paw print). Dennis (“i” dotted with paw print) Madalone (heart balloon person thingy)”


I do Believe Dennis. I do.

But my friends, IT STILL WAS NOT OVER. He personalized the LYRICS INSERT and the actual God-blessed DVD too!

The lyrics insert reads, “AARON, Keep on Being (dotted with paw print) you (underlined twice). Love Dennis (sixth paw print and another spermy heart)”


I’ll do my best, Denny good man.

The DVD reads, “for the WORLD (underlined twice). Dennis (seventh paw print) and (heart) Linda (eighth paw print) and (heart) MOM (third spermy heart)”


I’ve never kissed a man, but I’m considering some tonsil hockey with Dennis.

Finally, I also received an America We Stand As One business card, which was also personalized, “AARON, thank you (fifth double-underline). Dennis (unprecedented ninth paw print AND fourth spermy heart)


There aren’t enough spermy hearts in the world to express my feelings, Dennis.

I know in my other post about America We Stand As One I doubted Dennis’ spiritual message from our Loved Ones. But after being touched by all of this heartfelt personalization, I really feel as if my heart is a white, fluffy cloud wherein firemen shake hands for eternity. And I didn’t even lose any Loved Ones in any of the events on 9/11 or since.

Is it fair that I feel so much love? I submit that it is not!

Dennis Madalone has made me a believer. I am converted. Thank you Dennis for restoring my faith in the human spirit. For curing me of cynicism if just for a few moments. And for giving me hope and belief in this not-so-perfect-but-damn-well-worth-standing-up-for country of ours.

A little country I like to call the USAAAAAAAYYYY!

C’mon kids! Let’s all stand as one! How ‘bout it?


Dennis, you’re a little slice of heaven, and I want the whole enchilada!

*I almost forgot*

On the DVD there is a credit track that lists everyone who worked on the making of. But the awesome part is the music that plays during the credits is a KARAOKE VERSION of America We Stand As One! So next time you come over to my apartment, guess what we're doing!

17 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger angie said...

see - that sounds like an invite to me.

ans since we now know your address...

let the stalkfest begin!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Veruca Salt said...

I'm coming over tonight for some patriotic karaoke(underline, spermy balloon heart)

I just wish you'd gotten that before I got my last tattoo, because an underlined spermy heart would be the best tattoo EVER - maybe I could get it in red, white and blue

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger bob hyatt said...

dude.... exactly how money did you send this guy anyway???

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I only gave about the amout it would cost to buy the DVD retail, if it was sold retail. I know. I'm shocked. I have a feeling I may have been his first (and possibly last) customer.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny! i miss you!!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

You girls and your faux stalking comments.

It's not like you couldn't look me up in any phone book web site in the world to find me.

I just got a call from a college friend whom I haven't seen in 9 years.

It just goes to show if you have the least bit of initiative you can find ANYONE.

MMMMWUWHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger angie said...

faux-stalking my ass.

i'll be the one in your bushes with the ski mask and the night vision goggles.

you'd best be a nudist around the house, because i need to takes me some pictures.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Veruca Salt said...

and by the way - what the crap is up with all the paw prints? I think Dennis has a legion of brainwashed gerbils doing his dirty deeds... oh... that could sound wrong on a couple of different levels

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger jb said...

I can see it now. When you get to Burlington, we have a beer, hang out on the porch, Mel makes a nice dinner. Then we gather the neighbors around for a Mad-(about-you)-Alone (maybe there's a hidden meaning there) Sing-along! Then a game of hoops! stalk ME! stalk ME!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger mollyblogger said...

The spermy-hearts slay me! Who IS this guy?

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Jake. Sounds good. I'll bring the DVD.

Lori. I miss you too. When are you coming out to NYC to visit?

Angie. The second I walk in my door every night I'm naked. You're welcome.

Cate. I have no idea what the paw prints signify. I was thinking maybe it's not a paw print but a drawing of a fist, you know like "stay strong America" fist? I don't know.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

I am SO jealous. I want a spermy heart.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger angie said...

sweet jesus.

you'll have to ignore the rustling bushes out front.

and i dont think its a fist. it's either a shitty crown, or susan powder's logo.

yeah - im old.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger bob hyatt said...

So, I just realized that if Dennis googles himself half as much as I... uh... as I hear that people generally do, he'll eventually find this and it will break his spermy heart.

Now I'm sad...

I feel guilty for enjoying this so much.

Dennis, I'm sorry. You're totally cool. It's not you, man. It's us... we're just cynical bastards. Please forgive us!!!

And don't forget, sweater... the man who had the wherewithall to follow through on the making of this CD/DVD and marketing it also now has your address... we've seen Patriotic Dennis.

What does Pissed Dennis look like, I wonder?

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

If Dennis does drop by, I hope he sees this as more of a comedy "roast" than a slam.

Hey, I actually enjoy the music video. It's better than any video I've seen in a long time. 99% of videos suck and DON'T make me laugh. They make me want to change the channel. At least this one is enjoyable. I've really watched it too many times to count.

So Dennis a sincere than you to you. For whatever reason I enjoy your work, at least I'm enjoying it, right?

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Cascadia said...

Is there enough room in your life for Dennis and your Ace of Base poster? It would be a shame to see that go! You have totally inspired me to check out this Dennis guy. It is all about the spermy heart! I don't have guys sending me spermy hearts in the mail. I am so jealous!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger s.lloyd said...

This is one of the best blog entries i've ever read. Thanks for the pictures, the story would be unbelievable without them. Dennis has blessed all of our lives through your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home