Monday, August 29, 2005

Distractions, distractions

Hey gang.

For those of you loyal enough to keep coming back even though there hasn’t been anything new on here for a while, I owe you all a back rub. An oily, candlelit backrub.

Until that luscious time, I’ll attempt to make some excuses.

Excuse #1: The part of the brain it takes to write a post is the same part of the brain I use for my job. So I’ve been working a lot lately, and when I get home or get a break the last thing I want to do is try to come up with something half-witty or creative or entertaining.

It’s like if you were a hot-dog-eating-contest-person and after your big contest I had you over for a BBQ. That’s probably the last thing you’d want.

Actually, probably the last thing you’d want is to see Gary Busey smiling at you.


Regurgitated hot dog in 3...2...

Excuse #2: When I do have a break or go home, I have so many things to distract me. Here are just some of the things that have been distractions for me in the past couple of days: DVR, fantasy football, real football, Puerto Rican parades, Kraft Singles, Dr. Mario, shin splints, mangos, Brillo pads, In Search Of…, myspace, podcasts, my guitar, dead birds, email, applesauce, Wilford Brimley, my calves, Hurricane Katrina, dolphins, elephants, doliphants, Alan Alda, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Celebrity Fit Club, NASCAR, flossing, shoelaces, my pulse, dead people, deli meat, dust, Unreal Tournament, Kids In the Hall, Battle of the Ad Bands, stationary bikes, girls on stairclimbers, girls on the subway, girls in orange dresses with cute toes on the subway, food in a cup, yawning, street lights, how fast the moon moves, D.B. Cooper, travel toothbrushes, soft serve, sniper rifles, Ziploc bags, how close I can throw a ball to the ceiling without hitting it, tongue flexibility, robots, cement, dog parks, dirt trails, night lights, and graphs.


So uh, yeah, sorry. I’ve got a lot more work to do this week, then I’m on vacation, so don’t hold your breath. But know this: I’m always thinking about you and that heaven-sent backrub you promised me.

4 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What smell will the candles and oil be? Please don't touch me with that cheap watermelon scent you used last time.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger angie said...

gary busey skeeves me out.

ew. ew. and ew.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Gary Busey is a psycho....but he did reach his goal weight on Celebrity Fit Club 2. That's gotta count for something.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Grace said...

I think it's time for the excuse bus to pull up again.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home